7 October 2017

Yellow cauliflower and nuts


I've been fascinated by the different cauliflower colours recently, and was even planning a rainbow cauliflower dish. Maybe it will still come at one point. Now I just picked up a yellow one, which may not differ so much from the regular colour, but added a different touch nevertheless. This is a dish of cauliflower and nuts, roasted with brown crispy sage butter.

This is how I made the dish. I roasted the cauliflower first in florets. When it was nearly ready, I added some finely chopped fresh onion and garlic pieces and let it roast some more. I prepared separately a brown crispy sage butter in a pan. I then added some coarsely chopped nuts (hazelnuts, pine nuts and cashews) to the butter and poured the whole thing over the cauliflower. I left it in the oven to finish and finally served it in a combination that I will reveal to you soon, hopefully tomorrow. You can easily veganise this dish by using a butter substitute.

There is not much to this dish, so I didn't make any measurements of the ingredients. You can just go here with your own taste and be a bit generous with the estimations. This is supposed to be a rustic autumn dish anyway and it's better as a side. So as mentioned, I will post the full dish soon.



Have a great weekend everyone!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious - I had thought the cauli was yellow from spices - would be fun to use different coloured cauliflowers in this (though who buys more than one cauli at a time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I was planning a rainbow cauliflower dish and then realised that I would need to buy 3-4 huge caulis, hmm maybe not...

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely, I cheat and colour my cauliflower with turmeric :) I've used green cauli in the past, but don't recall ever cooking with the purple, wonder if the colour changes upon cooking - anyway, your dish looks yummy and I'd be happy to take that into work to lunch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turmeric cauliflower is of course also very handy. I've cooked the purple once or twice, it does change a bit but stayed quite purple, at least when it was roasted. I could imagine that it colours other things if cooked together.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.