8 October 2017

Chickpea and carrot patties


Yesterday I posted Yellow cauliflower with nuts, and here comes the very side that I had with it: chickpea and carrot patties. I also seasoned these patties with sage, which is the combining flavour of both dishes.

I very much enjoyed this seasonal comfort food. I love pottering around in the kitchen when the nights are getting darker. Unfortunately once again, it will be bad for the food photography... I hope that you liked this series of two posts anyway.

Chickpea and carrot patties

Ingredients

3 purple and yellow heritage carrots
1 can chickpeas
2 fresh onions with stalks
1 garlic clove
Handful of fresh sage leaves
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
2-4 tbsp spelt flour
Vegetable oil for frying

Method

Peel and chop the carrots coarsely and boil them in water until done. Then mash them.

Also mash the chickpeas and add finely chopped onion, garlic and sage to the mix, followed by the seasoning. Also mix in some flour to bind the mix better.

Shape small patties from the mix and fry them in a pan on both sides until golden brown.

Serve as a side with any dish you fancy, or even with my cauliflower and nuts.



Have a nice day!

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. Your patties look warming and autumnal. I have been eating a lot of potato cakes recently as the potatoes we grew in the garden make good mash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All sorts of savoury cakes like these and your potato cakes are just made for this season, love it!

      Delete
  2. This look soooo good! Patties are lots of work but\and I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but they are always worth the effort!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad that I managed to make them.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.