17 June 2017

Summer's favourite dish


Today was a gorgeous summer's day. It was sunny and pleasant at about 22 C, so not too hot either. I spent most of the day lying around in the park, so relaxing! Then I ate a salad and am now watching a little bit of TV. I don't feeling like going out tonight.

What you see here is at the moment my favourite dish this summer: a plate full of fresh seasonal and local goodies. This time I had radishes, kohlrabi, fresh peas, tomatoes and hummus, served with a glass of refreshing juice.

I have been exploring my local vegetable markets and am thrilled to see that the offering is wide and of good quality. Especially now in the summer such good local produce is available, which is great.

I've been trying to eat a bit lighter, and therefore such plates of veggies are a perfect dinner after work. We have a very good lunch buffet at work, where I typically eat a lot of vegetables, salad, rye bread etc. and don't need to cook that much in the evenings anymore.

What is currently on your summer plates?



2 comments:

  1. lovely plate of dinner and cute hedgehog glass - glad you are enjoying your new home town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna! I really am enjoying it a lot, soon I'll hopefully manage to post more about Copenhagen. On the other hand I don't want to spam people with too many Copenhagen posts, haha. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.