3 March 2016

Blood orange and pomegranate salsa


Earlier this year I promised you more blood orange recipes, as I was so enthusiastic about the season starting. However I’ve been munching them as they are, juicing and adding to my breakfast yogurts and not making many inventive dishes with them. Now I made something slightly different, a citrusy salsa that can be enjoyed on the side of many dishes as a fresh addition. I ate mine along a couscous salad and halloumi and it was rather nice and refreshing and I really loved the colours (not a beige dish for a change!).

Ingredients

4 blood oranges
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
¼ red onion
Drizzle of olive oil
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Sprinkle of salt
Sprinkle of ground black pepper
Few fresh basil leaves

Method

Peel the blood oranges and cut them into small pieces.

De-seed the pomegranate and add the seeds to the blood orange pieces.

Chop the onion very finely and also add it to the bowl.

Add the rest of the ingredients, mix and season to taste.

All done!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.