16 January 2016

Cheese and tomato baguettes



We make these cheesy oven baguettes quite often as evening snacks at my mum's house. Then we can use wonderful Finnish chanterelle soft cheese, it's so good in these, but a regular soft cheese will also do. This time I made these for breakfast and they kept me going for a long time.

Here's how I made them.

Ingredients

2 baguettes
100 g mini cherry tomatoes
½ onion
1 garlic clove (optional)
Soft cheese
Salt
Ground black pepper
Grated cheese


Method

Slice the baguettes and tomatoes. Cut the onion into thin rings.

Rub the baguettes with garlic and spread the soft cheese on them.

Place the tomato slices and onions on the baguettes, season with salt and pepper and cover with grated cheese.

Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes and enjoy!





Have a great weekend!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Oh these look amazing! I just imagined the smell and warmth. Definitely saving this recipe.<3

    Giveaway going on NOW on ❀ VEGETARIAN COURTESY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the comfort that these baguettes give. :)

      Delete
  2. looks like a great way to start the day and that moomin mug is really cute - and is that another of the woodland creatures like the hedgehog on your banner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted Johanna, the squirrel is indeed from the same series. It was with the hedgehog in the paper set, but also this tea towel exist. I also have a fox tea towel of the same series, only unfortunately I don't think they made the hedgehog into a tea towel. I love these characters. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.