24 February 2015

Fusilli with roasted tomatoes, mozzarella and basil-garlic sauce


Such a pasta dish, like the one I'm sharing with you today, is my go-to dish whenever I want to eat fairly quickly yet tasty or just want to have a lazy weekday meal. Tomato-mozzarella-basil-olive oil is such a winning combination that it's easy to keep it simple. The flavours work well together, the dish is tasty and quick to make – what's not to like?

This is what today's pasta dish consisted of:

Ingredients

300 g mini plum tomatoes
6 tbsp olive oil + some to be drizzled on the top of the ready dish
2 garlic cloves
A bunch of fresh basil leaves
250 g mozzarella
300 g fusilli pasta
Sea salt

I also had some shop bought garlic bread on the side.

Method

Place the whole tomatoes into an oven dish and drizzle olive oil on the top. Roast them at 180-200C for about 10 minutes until they start bursting open.



In the meanwhile boil the pasta in salt water until al dente.

Purée the garlic with the basil leaves and olive oil and set to side. This will be drizzled on top of the dish just before serving.

Tear the mozzarella. Tearing doesn't just look nice on the dish, but it also contains the moisture in the mozzarella.



Serve the pasta with the tomatoes, basil-garlic sauce, mozzarella, little sea salt and good quality olive oil. It's ready to be enjoyed!

I'm sharing this recipe with this month's Pasta Please challenge. Pasta Please is a monthly vegetarian cooking challenge by Tinned Tomatoes blog hosted this month by Knead Whine blog with the theme “dishes that can be on the table in twenty minutes”. I thought that my recipe fits the category, and quite often quick pasta dishes are what I choose to cook after a hectic weekday.

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I've not hidden my love for the ideas behind this dish. I didn't think about how quickly you could roast cherry tomatoes - what a great way to use them!

    Thanks for submitting to Pasta Please - I'm definitely pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I quite often make this type of dish, because it's so quick and fresh. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.