24 November 2014

Roasted cauliflower slices


For a long time now I've kept seeing lovely images of roasted cauliflower slices, and really wanted to try such a dish. Then I detected a recipe for Cauliflower cheese steaks in Erin Gleeson's The Forest Feast (p. 148-149) and was finally convinced to try. Last week I noticed that my favourite pasta cheese had returned to stock in my local supermarket after a long absence, and this was a great dish to use it on. Obviously I'll now be making loads of pasta again as well.

At some point in the future I will follow the recipe in The Forest Feast, as that looked absolutely amazing. Here is how I made my roasted cauliflower slices in the end, a bit more basic version.

1 cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
10 g vegetarian pasta cheese





Cut the cauliflower into thin slices and grate the cheese.

Roast the cauliflower slices at 180C for about 20 minutes.

Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of them and roast for further 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.

Serve as a side dish to roast dinners etc. These are so tasty that I would sometimes just have them as a snack on their own.

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Roasting cauliflower is def. a great way to eat this white veg. Alicia Silverstone the actress from Clueless and big vegan makes Cauliflower Steaks in a similar way, I've made it and really enjoyed it. I'd love to flick through this cookbook first and then perhaps be tempted to pick it up,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I hadn't made cauliflower in this fashion yet. Now I will do.

      The book is brilliant with loads of beautiful pictures and drawings.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.