22 June 2014

Roasted garlic courgettes


As I already told you a few posts back how I'm inspired by the vegetarian cookbook The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson, and so is today's dish (p. 140-141 in The Forest Feast “Accordion zucchini”). This dish is quite easy to make, but so full of flavour, and a good tip for those who are growing courgettes as you always need new ideas how to cook them. This dish also looks cool in a summer party for example.


Amounts below are per one courgette, make as many as you need. I calculated about ½ courgette per person as I served these with other small dishes. Here's how I made the dish.

1 courgette
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp olive oil
Sea salt
Ground black pepper
Grated vegetarian hard cheese

Make cuts to the courgette, but don't cut it quite through the bottom.

Make thin slices of garlic and push them into the slots of the courgette.

Brush the courgettes with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper on the top and roast at 150C for about one hour.

Sprinkle the grated vegetarian hard cheese on top of the courgettes 10 minutes before the baking time ending. I had once again the good old Sussex Charmer handy. Then just enjoy!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.