9 March 2014

Gnocchi bake


This recipe is quite good for a weekday meal. It's not too much work and the result is a nice hearty meal that has the comfort food element for me. I like making this sort of dishes after a long day at work.

1kg gnocchi
100g spinach
3 shallots
2 garlic cloves
3 frozen pesto cubes / 3tbsp pesto 
1tbsp olive oil
1tsp salt
½tsp grated nutmeg
150g grated mozzarella

Chop the shallots and garlic and cook them in olive oil until soft. Add the spinach and then the pesto (I used my convenient frozen pesto cubes) and cook until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and nutmeg.

Boil the gnocchi in water until they float on the surface and mix them with the spinach.

Place it all in an oven dish, cover with mozzarella and bake at 180C for about 20 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. And it's all done!


Stay hungry!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.