18 February 2014

Frozen pesto cubes

When I make pesto, I tend to make a fairly large batch that I sometimes don't manage to eat in time. That's when this idea of frozen pesto cubes comes in handy: freeze the excess pesto and take it out to melt, or add to pasta sauces or pizzas whenever needed.

I prefer to make the cheeseless pesto version for freezing, just a clean basil dressing with basic ingredients. The following amounts are enough to fill a normal ice cube tray.


Ingredients

80g basil leaves
50g pine nuts
6 garlic cloves
1dl olive oil






Method

Puree all the ingredients together and pour into the slots of an ice cube tray.

Freeze.

Use whenever convenient.

Easy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.