7 February 2014

Cheese scones


If you want a quick and easy savoury bakery, these basic cheese scones are the way to go. Even the ingredients are so basic that at least I am likely to have all of them in my cupboard most of the time. I just made these in a blink of an eye by using this recipe from the BBC Food as a guideline, and I only made a couple of alterations to the recipe. With these ingredient amounts I got 16 small scones, my cookie cutter's diameter being 5 cm.

225 g self raising flour
pinch of salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
55 g butter
50 g mature Cheddar cheese
150 ml milk

Mix the flour, salt and cayenne pepper, and rub in the butter. Add the cheese and milk and knead only lightly into an even dough.

Spread the dough about 2 cm thick and cut scones of it with a round cookie cutter. Brush the tops with little milk and sprinkle some additional cheese on them.

Place the scones on a greased baking sheet and bake them for about 15 minutes at 220C.

That's them done. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.