25 June 2013

Pineapple and halloumi salad stacks


Today I'm making a light summer salad or a side dish. If you are a regular reader of my blog you might already have noticed my passion with halloumi cheese and char-grilling. In these salad stacks I'm combining both of those with my favourite fruit: pineapple. So in some senses this is a very typical VegHog salad.

This is all you'll need:

1 fresh pineapple
1 halloumi cheese
Pea shoots
Raspberry vinaigrette
Vegetable oil for grilling

This amount of ingredients makes lovely small salads for two people but feel free to double the amount up for more people or larger stacks.

Slice the halloumi, peel it and slice one fresh pineapple. Grill the slices on a griddle pan or on a barbecue until grilling marks appear.

Place fresh pea shoots on a plate and then stack the pineapple and halloumi on top of each other in order to build a stack. Pile it high as you'd like.





Sprinkle some raspberry vinaigrette on the salad and enjoy. This is just how easy a summer dish can be!

Stay hungry!

Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.