19 May 2013

Kropsu – Ostrobothnian oven pancake



Today I'm making a local speciality from my home region Ostrobothnia in Western Finland. It's called Kropsu and it's a thick pancake baked in the oven. It's an easy and quick breakfast or snack and the baking saves you the effort that frying requires. This dish practically makes itself.

It goes something like this.

4 eggs
3dl flour
500ml milk
1tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
Butter

Beat the eggs and add the flour, sugar, salt and milk. Beat until there are no lumps. I used my beautiful new Normann Copenhagen Beater that works like a dream. 


Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes. Then bake in a greased oven dish at 225C for 30 minutes or until golden brown. The pancake will go up like souffle and will have a fluffy texture.




Serve just spread with butter or jam or fresh berries.

Enjoy!

Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.